Jose E. Herrera
1. Born in Porlamar. Nueva Esparta state in Venezuela, medical graduated from the ULA (Los Andes University). Surgeon in 1977.
2. Cardiologist Graduate at Jose I. Baldo Hospital (Caracas-Venezuela) and University Hospital of Caracas.
3. Echocardiography training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, in the city of Philadelphia, USA. 1984.
4. Chief of the heart station at the Luis Ortega Central Hospital, Nueva Esparta, Venezuela since 1983 through 1988.
5. Fellowship of the American College of Cardiology (F.A.C.C), member of the American Society of Echo-cardiography, Member of the European Society of Cardiology. HFA of ESCARDIO.
6. Chief of the heart station at the Nueva Esparta Medical Center, Nueva Esparta, Venezuela since 1989 through 2005.
7. José E. Herrera is Eponymous of “Los Cocos” Urban Hospital in Porlamar city, Nueva Esparta state – Venezuela.
8. Inter-American Echocardiography Award, ECOSIAC Chile, 2010.
9. Jose E. Herrera Best Research Award Venezuelan Cardiology Congress, Caracas. 2011-2013-2015.
10. Presentation at the TCT / ACC 2014 of the results of the first human treated with caval flow regulating balloon in Washington USA Congress patient.
11. Cardiovascular Innovation Award, Venezuelan Cardiology Society, 2015.
12. Cardiovascular Innovation Award ICI, runner up, Tel-Aviv Israel in December 2015.
13. He is bearer of four (04) patents, (02) American Patent (01) Russian Patent and (01) European patent of Medical Device (catheter balloon) and Method for Treating Patients with Heart Failure Percutaneous Transluminal Caval Flow Regulation (PTCR).
14. Participation as a Faculty in Devices in Heart Failure Congress, Frankfurt Germany, at the invitation of Dr. Horst Sievert. 2014
15. Presentation as a Faculty at the TCT / ACC 2015 Congress of the results of the first six (6) treated with caval flow regulation balloon in the city of San Francisco USA (2015).
16. Currently in partnership with Mass General Hospital, Harvard University, Boston U.S.A. for Pre-clinical and clinical studies with Method and Device Herrera to evaluate safety and efficacy of the procedure.
17. Jose E. Herrera is Eponymous of the Venezuelan Heart Failure Congress 2016.
18. Presentation as a Faculty at the TCT / ACC 2016 lecture in the cardiovascular innovation in new technologies session in the city of Washington 2016.
19. Reviewer of the challenging cases for TCT/ACC. Denver, Colorado 2017.
20. Reviewer of the structural heart diseases journal, CRF 2017.
21. Faculty in the ICI meeting, Tel-Aviv, Israel. 2017.
Dr. José E. Herrera C., M.D., F.A.C.C.
Non-invasive Cardiologist Inventor